THE PARISH OF BAULKHAM HILLS
Email St Michael's at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +61 2 9639 0598
Email Our Lady of Lourdes at email@example.com
Phone: +61 2 9639 8385
COVID UPDATE – FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 18: A COVID SAFE PARISH
We continue to live in uncertain times, but it was good to see a number of people returning to attend Mass. You are always welcome! I hope you are all well.
Next Sunday is Social Justice Sunday, and the focus is on Mental Health. Please see details below.
1, MASS LINK
Firstly, for those unable to attend Mass at the moment, the live stream link for The Twenty Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time from OLOL Saturday 19th September at 6pm is
· Thank you for your donations to the Collection for the Holy Places held last weekend. There is a further opportunity this weekend to put your donations in the white buckets
· While there has been no formal Father’s Day appeal this year, owing to COVID, there will be some envelopes available on the seats for those who wish to make a tax deductible donation at both churches. Please leave in any of the boxes.
· A few copies of of the Spring (September) edition of Catholic Outlook are available at the Church doors. It is expected to be available at catholicoutlook.org soon
3. Sacramental programmes
· Please continue to pray for 98 children who have registered for the First Communion program at St Michael’s ad 62 children who have registered for First Reconciliation and First Communion at Our Lady of Lourdes.
4. A Reminder about the WELL
The Well is a ‘living library’ of many resources we create at the Diocese, as well from other relevant liturgical sources. Our hope is that it will be another way that people can connect with our Church, whether they attend Mass regularly, or are unable to, particularly at the current time.
Visit The Well at www.thewell.org.au and see it for yourself.
5. MASS DETAILS - It is safe to come back if you wish……..
There has been no significant change by the State Government to caps on the limit of those attending places of worship – still 100, but in one of those strange twists in the COVID era, since Tuesday, they are allowing 150 people to attend a wedding in a place of worship!!!
Mass times at St Michael’s remain as
· Sat evening 5.00pm and 6.00pm
· Sun morning 8.00am, 9.00am, 10.00am and 11.00am
· Sun evening 6.00pm
· If you do come without having registered we may ask you to wait till a few moments before Mass begins, by which time we will know if the cap has been reached. If it has, we will ask you to wait for the next mass.
· It might be easier to thus register for the other Mass times – Sat 6pm, Sun 9am and Sun 11am, 6pm.
Sunday Masses at Our Lady of Lourdes and weekday masses at both places are not affected and there is no change in mass times at this stage.
· The dispensation from attending Sunday Mass still holds, i.e. you do not have to attend Mass on Sundays.
· Do not come to Church if you are feeling unwell.
· If you have been in any designated or identified hotspots or in Victoria, do not come to Church and self-isolate.
· Always use hand sanitiser
· Always register
If you are wanting to attend Mass you are still asked to register for the Mass you are attending, especially if you have not been attending Mass in the last few weeks.
St Michael’s 9639 0598 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Lady of Lourdes 9639 8385 email email@example.com
If there is no answer please leave your name, phone number, email, date and time of Mass you are requesting. If there is a problem, we will get back to you.
6. SACRAMENT OF PENANCE – St Michael’s only
For the time being, the Sacrament of Penance will be celebrated at St Michael’s only on Saturday Morning from 9.30am to 10.30am
7. ON THE PARISH FACEBOOK PAGE
If you have Facebook please like Parish of Baulkham Hills, there are a few opportunities to catch up with various groups either via Facebook or ZOOM (no charge).8
8. HOME VISITS
We continue to provide an opportunity for home visits with either the clergy or Extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion, with a Liturgy of the Word with Holy communion (or even Confession). Please don’t hesitate to ask us – we’re really looking forward to this.
If you would like a visit, then please email via firstname.lastname@example.org, ring the parish offices during office hours, or send a message via the Parish Facebook page
9. MAILING LIST
A reminder that if you would like to be part of a parish email list for updates plus copies of the bulletin, and are not currently receiving any emails from the parish, please send an email to email@example.com – please also indicate if you are regularly a worshipper at Our Lady of Lourdes or St Michael’s.
In your mercy please pray for those who have died recently – Emilio Bucci, Alfred Vella, Monica Mayo and those whose anniversary occurs around this time – Antonia Yap and Mr Antonio Yap Senior
In these difficult times, if you need pastoral support or hear of anyone in need of assistance from a priest, the Parish Office or Vinnies, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Fr Wim Hoekstra
Thank you to those who continue to make contributions to our parish and priests at this time, especially those who are still staying at home. I again include these details for your information.
For EFT to the First Collection - supporting the priests
BSB 067 950
Account No 000004265
Account Name Diocesan Clergy
Reference 6001 donation
For EFT to the second (envelope and loose) Collection – for support of the Parish,
BSB 067 950
Account No 000000214
Account Name St Michael’s Baulkham Hills
Reference Your Name (if you wish)
If you wish to pay by credit card, please use this link
NEXT SUNDAY – 27 SEPTEMBER SOCIAL JUSTICE SUNDAY – From Bishop Vincent