THE PARISH OF BAULKHAM HILLS
Email St Michael's at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +61 2 9639 0598
Email Our Lady of Lourdes at email@example.com
Phone: +61 2 9639 8385
COVID UPDATE WEDNESDAY JULY 1
PROTOCOLS WITH EASING OF RESTRICTIONS
As foreshadowed last week, from July 1, the State Government has eased restrictions on places of worship.
“The number of people in a public place of worship must not exceed one person per 4 sq meter rule. The maximum applies to the whole of the venue…. People attending a religious service will be required to provide their name and contact details when they enter so that they can be used for contact tracing.”
In view of this, and based on the dimensions of each of our Churches, the maximum number of attendees is
· St Michael’s Church maximum of 175, but a safe working figure will be 150
· Our Lady of Lourdes Church maximum of 120 but a safe working figure will be 100
MASS TIMES – back to normal
Sunday Mass Times will resume to their normal times effective from this weekend – 4-5 July
· St Michael’s 5.30pm Sat; 8am, 10am and 6pm
· Our Lady of Lourdes 6pm Sat; 9.30am Sun
There is no change in current arrangements for weekday Masses, but these are no longer restricted to 50 people
REGISTRATION – still required
You are still asked to register for the Mass you are attending, especially if you have not been attending Mass in the last few weeks.
For those who have been attending St Michael’s over the last few weeks, please note:
· Those who have registered weekly for the 5pm or 6pm Saturday night Mass at St Michael’s will be automatically registered for the 5.30pm Mass
· Those who have registered weekly for the 8am or 9am Mass at St Michael’s will be automatically registered for the 8am Mass;
· Those who have registered weekly for the 10am or 11am Mass at St Michael’s will be automatically registered for the 10am Mass.
· Those who have registered weekly for the 6pm Sunday night Mass at St Michael’s will be automatically registered for that Mass.
For those at OLOL, please continue to register each week.
LIVESTREAMING - continuing
For the time being, the 6pm Saturday night Mass from Our Lady of Lourdes will be livestreamed weekly and be available for viewing after that time.
MINISTRIES – partially back on deck
Liturgical ministries will resume from the weekend of July 11-12, although at St Michael’s counters, church cleaners, and flower arrangers will not be needed at the moment.
We will only require two extraordinary Minsters of Communion to assist the Priest and acolyte in the distribution of Communion, as communion from the cup is still not possible.
Limited music ministry is possible but needs to be negotiated.
More updates will be provided
Thanks to those who have made contributions to our parish and priests at this time. I again include these details for your information.
For EFT to the First Collection - supporting the priests
BSB 067 950
Account No 000004265
Account Name Diocesan Clergy
Reference 6001 donation
For EFT to the second (envelope and loose) Collection – for support of the Parish,
BSB 067 950
Account No 000000214
Account Name St Michael’s Baulkham Hills
Reference Your Name (if you wish)
If you wish to pay by credit card, please use this link